Women’s Therapy in Midtown – IntrinPsych Woman
- Are you feeling depressed, worried, or anxious?
- Are you unhappy with your relationships?
- Do you just feel unhappy and emotionally spent?
- Are you struggling with a particular issue in your life and don’t know how to fix it?
No matter what your concern, you have come to the right place. IntrinPsych Woman is devoted to helping women of all ages – adolescence to later life – navigate the challenges, questions, and transitions that are unique to a woman and that arise at different stages of her life.
Our therapists are intimately familiar with issues specifically pertaining to women. We are committed to helping you come through these difficult times with greater self-awareness, self-assurance and wholeness, confident in your identity and roles and behaving in a positive way.
Whether you think your problem is too big or too small to reach out for help, we can assure you it is not. Obviously you are here because the problem is affecting your life in a negative way. That is what we are here for!
Women’s Therapy in Midtown – Specializations
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
CBT is a short-term therapy designed to target a very specific problem. It is goal-oriented and results-focused. It can effectively treat the following conditions:
- Panic attacks
- Specific phobias
- Poor impulse control
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Body Dysmorphia
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is an approach to treatment that combines standard cognitive-behavioral techniques for emotion regulation and reality-testing with concepts of distress tolerance, acceptance, and mindful awareness largely derived from Buddhist meditative practice.
Our team of therapists are highly trained and experienced to assist women in the following areas:
- Self Exploration – establishing your individual identity
- Adolescence – identity development in a culture of pressure and influence
- 20-Somethings – self-discovery and being on your own
- Fertility, Pregnancy, and Parenthood – emotional ups and downs, stress on both you and your partner
- Eating Disorders – Anorexia, Bulimia, Compulsive Overeating, and other patterns of dysfunctional eating
Please contact IntrinPsych Woman today to get started on your path to wellness. Find your true self and become the best YOU you can be. We look forward to joining you on this journey!