Women’s Therapy in Connecticut
IntrinPsych Woman is a wellness center in NYC devoted to helping women of all ages and all life stages as they navigate through life’s tough questions, challenges, and transitions.
- Are you feeling hopeless, depressed, or anxious?
- Are you going through a difficult time in your life, and not sure how you’re going to make it through?
- Are you having trouble with work or relationships?
- Are you at a crossroads in your life and not sure which path to choose?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, IntrinPsych Woman is here for you! Our therapists are knowledgeable and experienced with issues specific to women. We understand that many challenges and obstacles you encounter in your lifetime are unique to the female experience. We are devoted to using our compassion and expertise to help you through those difficult times.
You may be thinking, My problem is too small or trivial to see a counselor. I should just get over it.
Or conversely, you may be thinking, My problems are way too overwhelming. I don’t want to dig deep – I can’t handle it. Or, It’s too embarrassing to tell my personal life to a stranger.
All these feelings and hesitations are completely normal, especially if you’ve never seen a counselor before. We want you to know that from the moment you visit our office, we make it our goal to put you at ease. Once you meet with the counselor you’ve been matched with, she has the expectation that you are no longer strangers, but partners in your journey to wholeness.
Our therapists treat you with kindness and respect. We value confidentiality and professionalism, so you will always know that the contents of your session will be kept between you and your therapist.
We understand and appreciate the deep connection between the mind and body and are skilled at integrating that philosophy into our treatment plans. We take a holistic approach to therapy, crafting a treatment plan tailored to each patient’s specific needs and goals.
We are also able to work with your physician and other health care practitioners where needed to provide the most comprehensive treatment plan possible, and will provide referrals to trusted practitioners when necessary.
We utilize Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, among others, to provide practical, effective, and lasting results to our clients.
Women’s Therapy in Connecticut – Specializations
We specialize in the following women’s issues:
- Self Exploration – establishing your individual identity
- Adolescence – identity development in a culture of pressure and influence
- 20-Somethings – self-discovery and being on your own
- Fertility, Pregnancy, and Parenthood – emotional ups and downs, stress on both you and your partner
- Eating Disorders – Anorexia, Bulimia, Compulsive Overeating, and other patterns of dysfunctional eating
We offer individual therapy, group therapy, meal support therapy (for our clients dealing with eating disorders or dysfunctional eating patterns) and workshops.