Women’s Counseling in the West Village
IntrinPsych Woman is a wellness center devoted to helping women across the lifespan as they navigate through life’s questions, challenges, and transitions.
- Are you feeling anxious, depressed, or hopeless?
- Do you have conflict in your relationships?
- Do you find yourself wishing you had a different life?
- Do you want to find purpose and meaning in your life?
- Do you wonder when the struggle will end?
Every stage of a woman’s life beginning with adolescence carries with it a number of challenges, identity-forming issues, and transitions. Experiencing challenges and setbacks is a natural part of life; it’s how you react to those trying times that defines you.
Women’s Counseling in the West Village – IntrinPsych Woman
IntrinPsych Woman will meet you where you are, no matter what issues you are experiencing or what stage of life you’re in. Our counselors will partner with you on your journey, helping you navigate through your questions and feelings, and providing practical, everyday solutions to overcome the obstacles in your life and discover your true self!
Don’t suffer any longer – it’s time to take control of your life. With our help, it is possible for you to accept yourself where you are, what you’re in, and find healthy ways to overcome the past and embrace a positive future for yourself.
We take a holistic approach to therapy, embracing the mind-body connection. We base each patient’s treatment on what she is dealing with and what her goals are, drawing from a number of different therapies including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, to name a few.
We are also able to work with physicians and other health care practitioners to ensure the most effective and comprehensive treatment possible.
- Self-Actualization – the lifelong journey of becoming wholly and fully yourself no matter what stage of life you’re in
- Adolescence – identity development in a culture of peer pressure and media influence; many young women turn to cutting, eating disorders; drugs and alcohol, sexual promiscuity, etc.
- Early Adulthood – a time of self-discovery; entering and graduating college, pursuing a career, finding a partner, becoming financially independent, and being out on your own
- Fertility, Pregnancy, and Parenthood – a time of emotional ups and downs; excitement, nervousness, anticipation; physical and mental stress; affecting both you and your partner
- Mid to Later Life – shifts in roles as mother and wife; becoming a caregiver to a spouse or parent; grown children leaving home; becoming a grandparent; bereavement and loss; body image and sexuality changes, menopause and post-menopause issues
- Eating Disorders – Anorexia, Bulimia, Compulsive Overeating, and other patterns of dysfunctional eating
To meet every patient’s needs, we offer individual therapy, group therapy, and meal support therapy for our patients with eating disorders or other dysfunctional eating patterns.
For women’s counseling in the West Village, Manhattan, contact IntrinPsych Woman today. We look forward to joining you on your journey toward self-discovery, self-acceptance, and wellness!