emotional abuse.Symptoms that may result from a traumatic experience include:
- Heightened anxiety/arousal
- Poor concentration
- Excessive guilt and shame
- Avoidance of people and places associated with the event
- Depression/low self-esteem
- Flashbacks or repeated distressing thoughts of the event
As these symptoms persist the consequences can affect our professional and personal lives and relationships, impair
our functioning and general well-being, and prevent us from leading full, healthy lives and achieving our goals.
At IntrinPsych Woman we treat trauma using a combination of techniques including Trauma Focused Behavior Therapy,
traditional Psychodynamic “talk therapy.” and EMDR.
Your therapist will work with you to develop a treatment plan that effectively meets your individual needs and works at
a pace that feels comfortable, treating both the immediate symptoms and also the underlying issues associated with