Mid to Later Life
As women enter their mid-and later-life years, new and significant issues emerge that are unique to the
female experience. Changes in physical health, cognitive processing and overall well-being are but a
few of the issues women encounter in this phase:
- Menopause and post-menopause
- Changing sexuality and body image
- Caregiving of significant others such as a parent or spouse
- “The empty nest”, when grown children leave home
- Becoming a grandparent
- Loss and bereavement
- Shifts in the woman’s roles as wife, mother and caregiver
The psychological challenges specific to the mid and later years of a woman’s life have not traditionally been given
enough credence or attention.
In contrast, at IntrinPsych Woman we place special emphasis on helping you not just cope – but thrive – by integrating
all of the new roles and progressive changes with which you are confronted.