The position for the postgraduate fellowship starting in Summer 2017 has been filled. We will be accepting applications for fellowships starting Summer 2018 in April 2018
IntrinPsych Woman is offering a two-year, part-time, post-graduate (Ph.D., Psy.D., MSW, MHC, MFT) fellowship. This 20-25 hour per week fellowship offers an excellent training opportunity for Masters and Doctoral level clinicians, both in clinical practice and the business of building a private practice.
IntrinPsych woman is an Upper East Side based psychological health and wellness center devoted to working with women throughout the lifespan. We pay particular attention to the mind-body connection and use Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioral and Dialectical Behavior therapies to help our clients achieve the growth they desire. You can read more about our services at www.intrinpsychwoman.com
The clinical training at IntrinPsych Woman, while based in a psychodynamic framework, covers myriad clinical approaches and includes DBT, CBT and psychospiritual interventions.
Fellows will receive weekly supervision from clinicians trained in Psychodynamic psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Eating disorders.
In addition to offering a formal DBT consultation group to all who wish to participate, fellows will learn how to work create a team-based approach to treatment, reaching out to other providers such as doctors, nutritionists and psychiatrists.
All fellows participate, along with IntrinPsych Woman staff, in a bi-monthly process group led by a clinician who is certified in Systems Centered Therapy.
Networking, marketing and writing are all essential skills in the practice of building a thriving psychotherapy practice. In addition to clinical training, fellows will be provided with opportunities to cultivate professional networks, skills to market themselves and education about of the basic economics of private practice.
Fellows are expected to maintain a minimum of 15 patient sessions per week (maximum 20) over the course of 2-3 days (including Saturdays for at least one year, one evening until 9pm, and one morning starting at 8AM).
At minimum, applicants should have the following experience:
- Completion of Ph.D., Psy.D., MSW, MFT or MHC degree from a clinical program (or clinical track), or a related area of study
- Experience with assessment, diagnostic formulation, collaboration and consultation
- Two years of supervised individual adult and/or adolescent psychotherapy experience
- Personal experience as a patient in psychotherapy or psychoanalysis
This position is best for someone who is highly motivated and a “self-starter.” Prompt responses to communications from the team and excellent organizational skills are a necessity. Group and individual supervision opportunities are best taken advantage of when the fellow approaches each as a learning opportunity with self-reflection and the goal of personal growth and challenge.
- This is a fee-for-service position with no additional benefits
- $40-$50 hourly with the expectation that payment includes includes notes and collateral care
- Weekly individual/group supervision
- Twice-monthly process group using a Systems Centered Therapy approach
- Additional trainings from guest lecturers
- Pleasant and attractive working environment
- Networking, writing and presenting opportunities
The position for the fellowship starting Summer 2017 has been filled. We will start accepting applications for the fellowship starting in Summer 2018 starting April 2018.